Hello friends, I hope you all are doing great. In today’s tutorial, I am going to share basic details of Arduino Nano Board. I have selected this topic as it’s a most commonly used Microcontroller board because of its flexibility, small size and cheapness. Moreover, it’s also a best microcontroller board for engineering students to design their Final Year and Semester Projects. So let’s have a look at its basic features, properties and capabilities:
Basics of Arduino Nano
- Arduino Nano is a Microcontroller board designed and manufactured by Arduino company.
- Microcontroller used in Arduino Nano is Atmega328, which is also used in Arduino UNO. The only difference is Nano has its SMD form while in UNO its in DIP form.
- The operating voltage varies from 5V to 12V.
Now let’s have a look at its basic features:
Basic Features of Arduino Nano
- It has 22 I/O Pins in total and 14 of these pins are digital while the remaining 8 pins are analog.
- It has 6 PWM Pins among 14 digital pins.
- Analog Pins of Nano has a resolution of 10 bits and its value changes from 0 to 1024 and in terms of voltage it varies from 0V to 5V.
- It has a crystal oscillator of 16MHz.
- In order to upload code in it, we have to use Mini USB Pin connected on it.
- It supports different protocols for communication, which are:
- Serial Protocol.
- I2C Protocol.
- SPI Protocol.
- Flash memory of Nano is 32kb and this is the memory where our uploaded code is stored.
- Arduino Bootloader is pre installed on this board and this bootlaoder takes 2kb of its flash memory.
- SRAM memory is 2kb.
- It has an EEPROM memory of 1kb.
Now let’s have a look at its capabilities, so I am gonna have a look at few of its examples and applications.
Applications of Arduino Nano
It is a most widely used microcontroller board and if I am not wrong then it has literally replaced Arduino UNO because of its small size. In Embedded projects, size matters a lot, that’s why Nano is preferred over UNO. Now let’s have a look at few of its applications:
- Embedded Systems.
- Security Systems.
- Automation Systems.
- Medical Instruments.
- Virtual Reality products.